In this policy, references to Trust Locums, “we”, “us” or “our” means Trust Locums of 1 Beckshaw House, Law Street, Cleckheaton. BD19 3QR. Any reference to “you”, “yours” means you, the candidate.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS DOCUMENT?
Trust Locums is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. You are a “data subject”, which means that you benefit from certain privacy rights as an individual. This policy makes you aware of how and why your personal data will be used, namely for the purposes of providing you with our Locum Service, and also sets out how long we will usually keep your data. The policy provides you with certain information that must be provided under the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (GDPR).
DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
We will comply with data protection law and principles, which means that your data will be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes
- Accurate and kept up to date
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about
- Kept securely
THE KIND OF INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
In connection with the provision of locum services that we conduct on your behalf, we will collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
- The information you have provided to us in your curriculum vitae and other relevant documents
- The information you have provided via any online form, job board, application form including name, title, address, telephone number, personal email address, date of birth, gender, employment history, qualifications
Any information you provide to us, over email, or by telephone. We may also collect, store and use the following “special categories” of more sensitive personal information:
- Information about your health, including any medical condition, health and sickness records
- Information about criminal convictions and offences
- Information from relevant regulatory authorities
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED?
We collect personal information about candidates from the following sources:
- You, the candidate
- Disclosure and Barring Service in respect of criminal convictions from time to time, and if so requested by our clients depending on the nature of the role they wish to fill
- From relevant regulatory authorities
- Your named referees, from whom we collect the following categories of data: career history, job titles
- Information that you have supplied to a job board via your agreement with that job board which we have access to following a paid-up subscription. A list of these job boards is available on request
HOW WE WILL USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We will use the personal information we collect about you to:
- Provide the Locum Service and general business you engaged us for
- Assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for Locum positions in accordance with our clients’ requirements
- Carry out background and reference checks, where applicable, and if so requested by our clients
- Communicate with you
- Comply with legal or regulatory requirements
We only share data with our clients to facilitate the reason you engaged us; to provide Locum Services. We do not share any data with other third parties, however, we may need to disclose your details if required to the police, regulatory bodies or legal advisors.
We maintain secure systems to hold and protect your data. Access is strictly controlled and can only be accessed by people who need it in order to do their job and provide the service you have asked for. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long will you use my information for? We will retain your personal information for a period of up to five years after our last meaningful communication with you, unless a longer retention period is required by law.
You have the following rights related to your personal data:
- The right to withdraw consent at any time
- The right to request a copy of personal information held about you
- The right to request that inaccuracies be corrected
- The right to request us to stop processing your personal data
- The right to lodge a complaint with supervisory bodies such as the Information Commissioner’s Office or Fundraising Regulator
- The right to erasure of personal data
- The right to restriction of processing
- The right to data portability
Please contact us if you have any questions about how your data is used, or wish to be removed from any communications or data processing activities: Email us: email@example.com Or write to us at: The Data Team, Trust Locums, 1 Beckshaw House, Law Street, Cleckheaton. BD19 3QR