Becoming A Locum GP
Is locum work for you?
Now you’re a qualified GP what direction do you want your career to take? GP’s take on locum work for a wide variety of reasons. Locuming can be a good way to try out different types of working environments before committing to a salaried or partnership post. Sometimes locum work is actively chosen as part of a portfolio career where a GP takes on a number of different types of job and or work around family commitments. For other GP’s, locum work is taken on as an interim measure while actively looking for longer-term positions.
The unique characteristics of working freelance as a locum and using a GP Locum service such as Trust Locums both present a range of benefits.
Some advantages of becoming a locum GP
- High degree of autonomy over working hours and place of work
- You can choose to take breaks from working to travel or pursue other projects
- You do not have the managerial concerns that partners have
- You may find it easier to move and live than it would be as a partner
- The flexibility to fit work within your lifestyle
Some advantages of using Trust Locums:
- Paid within the same week that you work
- Don’t have to do your own invoicing or chase for payment
- Access to a huge variety of GP Locum work; from daytime surgeries to Walk-In Centres and Out of Hours
- A dedicated single contact to look after your individual needs
- Over 15 years of experience in the GP Locum market
Source Locum GP handbook BM